• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At Long Last...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Long Last...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...l-station.html

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Was on the bbc too. Don't get too excited, you still need to plug it into the mains. Which is just stupid.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The British invention, due to go on sale within two years, is roughly the size of a heating boiler and will cost under £2,000.

Made in China.
      Size of a football pitch.
      Available in about 15 years.
      Costs £20,000

HTH

Comment

well not really cos that's how electrolysis works

they reckon 60p a litre

even less if you get PV solar panels

Milan.

Comment

I'll just power mine with my 7kw diesel generator - sorted
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

well not really cos that's how electrolysis works

they reckon 60p a litre

even less if you get PV solar panels

Milan.
            But it's not 100% green is it? Unless you're sure your mains leccy is coming from a nuclear plant/renewables.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

A combination of wind turbines on your roof, and solar power. Makes fuel whilst you are at work or in bed.

Comment

dude I don't give a toss if it is 100% green, it is about reducing the cost of filling your motor up

next.

Milan.

Comment

dude I don't give a toss if it is 100% green, it is about reducing the cost of filling your motor up

next.

Milan.
                  No not next:

£2000 to buy the converter,
                  £?????? to buy the car,
                  £????? to get it plugged into your house.

It'll be a long time before it pays for itself.

Sweet.

Comment

not so, it is my understanding any conventional car diesel or petrol can run on hydrogen in the same way as with LPG

therefore my initial assumption is any car should be able to have a hydrogen conversion like they do for the lpg conversion with dual possibility

ok, next.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X