• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

6 month renewal - Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 month renewal - Boomed

No increase though, boo hoo.

Swine.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
      Staying on the same rate is almost counted as a rate rise these days.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Congrats. As a matter of curiosity, did you push for a raise? If you did and got knocked back did they say it was "market conditions" or some-such? I'm just trying to plan ahead for my negotiations. Head 'em off at the pass so to speak.
        Bored.

Comment

Client is so keen to keep me they are offering me a rate rise - asked me how much I wanted to stay.

Trouble is, the work is so dull I'm losing the will to live, not making it easy to say no to terms like that though...

Boomed
          Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
          "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
          Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Originally posted by kali View Post
            Client is so keen to keep me they are offering me a rate rise - asked me how much I wanted to stay.
            Boomed
            That's almost worse than being canned.
            Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

I know...

Do I stay or do I go?

I really want to go but...
              Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
              "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
              Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

I just got a 20 a day rise for a one month extension, when I got off the phone I was miffed as the agent just said OK, I wanted a scrap but was obviously too wimpy with my demands. He did me with a meet you half way trick !

Comment

I know...

Do I stay or do I go?

Well if money's that unimportant to you I suggest you leave and donate your earnings to the Fund for Unfortunate Chinese Kids - I can supply the bank account details of course...
                  Bored.

Comment

I know...

Do I stay or do I go?

Do you need the money ? If not, go, don't think I've ever regretted quitting once I'm totally fed up.

Comment

Working...
                    X