• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And that makes three...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that makes three...

Driven past a third petrol station forecourt where they are replacing the price sign with something that can display more digits.

Just filled up at 9.92 Dkk.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    Driven past a third petrol station forecourt where they are replacing the price sign with something that can display more digits.

Just filled up at 9.92 Dkk.
    Wouldn't it be cheaper just to paint a '1' next to the digits and round the prices up to 10 'Dkk' (whatever a 'Dkk' is).
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
      Wouldn't it be cheaper just to paint a '1' next to the digits and round the prices up to 10 'Dkk' (whatever a 'Dkk' is).
      The pump hardware calibration might be important. New pumps ain't cheap.

The messages transmitted by the pump controller software could be a bit iffy too (although I dare say it's not using the bits I did for somebody years ago so they should be safe)

Comment

I once had a problem like that where my computer couldn't display enough digits to represent the year 2000 correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X