• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Licence to print money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Licence to print money

I've recently heard talk (mostly on this board) of contracts paying 1100, 2000 UKP per day. Not in IT though, at least not directly.
    So I'm interested in hearing more. Where's the big bucks at?

Here's one I saw earlier:

SECTION II: OBJECT OF THE CONTRACT

II.1) DESCRIPTION
    II.1.1) Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
    Adding Value to the Scottish Red Meat Supply Chain.

II.1.2) Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance:
    Services.

II.1.3) The notice involves:
    II.1.4) Short description of the contract or purchase(s):
    Quality Meat Scotland (QMS) is the economic body for the Scottish red meat industry. Its objective is to shape a sustainable and prosperous Scottish red meat sector. Foot and Mouth Disease in 2007 created significant problems for the industry and in response the Scottish Government has made available funding for a project that will increase the value of all products from Scottish abattoirs by enhancing product quality and reducing processing costs. A particular focus is upon so-called 5th quarter products for beef and lamb and eating quality pork. The contract appoints a body to undertake the management and associated administration of the above project.

II.1.5) Common procurement vocabulary (CPV):
    CPV code: "Project management consultancy services">72224000 , CPV code: "Management training services">80423200 , CPV code: "Research and development services and related consultancy services">73000000 , CPV code: "Miscellaneous health services">85140000 , CPV code: "Meat products">15130000 .

II.1.6) Contract covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA):
    No.

II.2) TOTAL FINAL VALUE OF CONTRACT(S)
    II.2.1) Total final value of contract(s):
    Value: 220 000 GBP.

Excluding VAT.

SECTION IV: PROCEDURE

Thats a cool 1/4 mill for ...... well ....... "Adding Value to the Scottish Red Meat Supply Chain" . Apparently it's NHS money. See, I'm confused already, shame I can't BS at the requisite level. They should teach BS at school really.
    Bored.

Supply chain....boomed!

off to scotland where the warehouses are paved with gold.

Comment

Oh great...

Find yourself a niche market and charge what you like...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, and don't forget your H & S Policy, your Equal Opportunities Policy, your Environmental Policy etc etc etc, as clearly we all have these.

Small Business opportunities for Govt are a load of toss...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
        X