• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Badly timed meeting….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badly timed meeting….

Thankfully a one-off, but, I have a project crisis 4pm meeting today. (Crisis caused by numpty director not thinking – usual cause of any project crisis!!)

Given that I get up at 5:30am to get here for 7am, I usually leave around 3 and do emails as needed in the evening to avoid rush hour. The guy opposite me in the meeting is here in Bradford from 7am as he lives in Nottingham, so, he will not be so impressed either.

Really hacked off as I am likely to be heading into rush hour today at 5:30, meaning a 2 hour 15 minute crawl home.

If anyone says anything leaving at lunch tomorrow there will be blood……

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Thankfully a one-off, but, I have a project crisis 4pm meeting today. (Crisis caused by numpty director not thinking – usual cause of any project crisis!!)

Given that I get up at 5:30am to get here for 7am, I usually leave around 3 and do emails as needed in the evening to avoid rush hour. The guy opposite me in the meeting is here in Bradford from 7am as he lives in Nottingham, so, he will not be so impressed either.

Really hacked off as I am likely to be heading into rush hour today at 5:30, meaning a 2 hour 15 minute crawl home.

Go out for a meal and leave after 5.30 thus avoiding rush hour.

Comment

From your nosebleed by the sounds of it. Relax! Do what I do when they inconvenience me - extract revenge by taking time off in lieu and add a bit more for your inconvenience.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

You're expecting a "crisis" meeting to only last an hour and a half?? Good luck.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          You're expecting a "crisis" meeting to only last an hour and a half?? Good luck.
          It's the one where they announce a raft of permie redundancies, it could be a short one
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I remember being in a crisis meeting in Paris. It started at 3pm and was still going strong at 7pm. The crisis was how to workaround some system not working. The (ill-)considered opinion was that it wasn't fixable within the required timescales. I got so bored, I left the meeting room without saying a word. Thirty minutes later came back in, and announced I'd fixed the system.

No hero reception of course, as I'd made the PM and the FD look remarkably foolish. My contract was shortly thereafter terminated. Which was frankly a relief.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I remember being in a crisis meeting in Paris. It started at 3pm and was still going strong at 7pm. The crisis was how to workaround some system not working. The (ill-)considered opinion was that it wasn't fixable within the required timescales. I got so bored, I left the meeting room without saying a word. Thirty minutes later came back in, and announced I'd fixed the system.

No hero reception of course, as I'd made the PM and the FD look remarkably foolish. My contract was shortly thereafter terminated. Which was frankly a relief.
              had a dump.
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Thirty minutes later came back in, and announced I'd fixed the system.
                Well you were the one who'd 'broken' it in the first place, right?
                Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Grow some kahunas and decline the meeting request with a proposal for a new time. You're a contractor FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                    Grow some kahunas and decline the meeting request with a proposal for a new time. You're a contractor FFS.

Permie

Comment

Working...
                    X