• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We are now back to August 2006

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are now back to August 2006

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7492689.stm

UK house prices fell by 2% in June, according to the UK's biggest mortgage lender, the Halifax.

The drop meant that prices were 6.1% lower than a year ago, with the average home costing £180,344.

The lender said that average house prices were now at the same level as in August 2006.

But it said that strong employment levels and low interest rates meant that the housing demand retained firm foundations despite price falls.

Boomed!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

UK house prices fell by 2% in June, according to the UK's biggest mortgage lender, the Halifax.

The drop meant that prices were 6.1% lower than a year ago, with the average home costing £180,344.

The lender said that average house prices were now at the same level as in August 2006.

But it said that strong employment levels and low interest rates meant that the housing demand retained firm foundations despite price falls.

Boomed!
    It does make me laugh listening to the chief economists of banks and building societies, grasping desparately in a hopeless attempt to prop up their share price.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      It does make me laugh listening to the chief economists of banks and building societies, grasping desparately in a hopeless attempt to prop up their share price.
      Give it a few more months; and you'll be able to buy a Bank cheaper than a house
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Boomed!
        So, still overpriced then?
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Back to 2006. Exactly, you’d think that asset prices have gone back to the middle ages from how some people talk.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Back to 2006. Exactly, you’d think that asset prices have gone back to the middle ages from how some people talk.
            In 6(ish) months, asset prices have reversed gains of the previous 18(ish) months.

I think it's something to get excited about?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Does that mean my clothes are back in fashion?
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                One exception was the bloke from RBS, he did wait until they got their own rights issue off but then gave some uber doom predictions. I expect he'll be pensioned off quietly sometime next year.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  The only people complaining are those that remotgaged to buy that Range Rover..and now have no cash to pay all those credit card bills.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    The only people complaining are those that remotgaged to buy that Range Rover..and now have no cash to pay all those credit card bills.
                    And those people are silly ****ers. I will buy their house next year (or maybe the year after).
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X