• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recession here we come...but taxes keep going up!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recession here we come...but taxes keep going up!

So, has Brown backed himself in to such a corner that he couldnt, even if he wanted to, take an axe and slash taxes on us poor unfortunates?

Although I find it interesting listening to all the Chicken Littles crowing about recession being around the corner and how bad it is for business, yet Brown continues to look for ways of raping more and more money from the people. One would have thought that the obvious tact to take would have been to help your people, not root them even more?

Mailman

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
    So, has Brown backed himself in to such a corner that he couldnt, even if he wanted to, take an axe and slash taxes on us poor unfortunates?

Although I find it interesting listening to all the Chicken Littles crowing about recession being around the corner and how bad it is for business, yet Brown continues to look for ways of raping more and more money from the people. One would have thought that the obvious tact to take would have been to help your people, not root them even more?

Mailman
    Learn English, boy!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

general election cometh...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post

Mailman
        That is surprisingly insightful for a change.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

if you voted Labour in '97, '01, '05 you have no grounds to complain about rising taxes, that's what they're there for

Comment

Usa

Call him what you like, at least Bush saw the carnage and swiftly ordered a tax refund of some $700 to all US taxpayers in a form of a cheque sent by IR. Some used it to buy food, others to pay their mortgages/loans/bills, etc.
            Wasn't a lot, but something instead of nothing from our lot. I don't mind but they are still banging on about how much more money they are going to spend (read: WASTE) in schools, hospitals, transport, etc etc. before they are kicked out (amen)

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
              if you voted Labour in '97, '01, '05 you have no grounds to complain about rising taxes, that's what they're there for
              I don't complain about rising taxes (they are still too low), but I do about them not being spent well.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                I don't complain about rising taxes (they are still too low), but I do about them not being spent well.
                Too low for what?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  Lucky for us our services have improved then isn't it
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally Posted by expat View Post

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Too low for what?

Burn Him
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X