• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ASP.NET Webhosting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASP.NET Webhosting

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any good ASP.NET Webhosting?

Cheers.
    Last edited by scotspine; 14 August 2005, 20:50.

Yes, Ruby on Rails, a good host for this is me.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

RE: ASP.NET Webhosting

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/show/HomePage

The bottom line is that Rails is quickly sweeping through web development communities and converting many former zealots of other programming languages. Rails is too new to have many large-scale commercial applications that you can go out and drop into your website right away. However the first generation of viable Rails replacements for common programs (forums, blogs, CMS systems, etc.) should be ready within the next three months.
      Thanks for the tip. Looks like it's got great potential. I'm just downloading the video now showing how the apps are developed.

Unfortunately, I am in a bit of a hurry and need this app up and running soon. I was thinking of using PHP but I think it would be quicker to develop in ASP.NET.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        Yes, Ruby on Rails, a good host for this is me.
        Threaded, Ruby is bloated, just like you!

Comment

Ruby on Rails = Threaded on a horse.

Bloatware on a legacy platform with few supporters that's going nowhere fast.

.NET mate.

Comment

Working...
          X