• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GPRS Iphone, V2 Software update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPRS Iphone, V2 Software update

Released today. You need to download itunes 7.7.

Work restricts me doing this, so I have to wait to get home. Anyone upgraded yet? Verdict?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post

Work restricts me doing this, so I have to wait to get home. Anyone upgraded yet? Verdict?
    Nope, waiting for a delivery date on my phone atm. Guessing this will be something I need to do once I get it.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Nope, waiting for a delivery date on my phone atm. Guessing this will be something I need to do once I get it.
      Are you getting the new iphone? The Gen2 one? If so, you will already have the software installed. The old iphone will get the new software and will be similar to the new one, but no 3G connection...

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post

Installed the v2.0 software yesterday. Pretty good but having problems connecting to corporate Exchange. Some interesting apps available from iTunes

Couldn't get a new 3G version because O2 are basically a friggin shambles

Corporate Exchange working now - works very well indeed.
        Last edited by interested; 11 July 2008, 11:48.

Comment

I'm waiting on v2.0 being released for the ipod touch. Still not there, but due for release today.

MobileMe webapps look good too - the online calendar is like just like ical and works a treat.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Waiting to see what others experience is with the upgrading to the 2.0 firmware with a Jailbroken 1.1.4

Not going to go to the 3g phone till I at least see a decent IM app and SSH client on the apps store
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
              Waiting to see what others experience is with the upgrading to the 2.0 firmware with a Jailbroken 1.1.4

Not going to go to the 3g phone till I at least see a decent IM app and SSH client on the apps store
              IM is there already, check the webapps store.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

well, i'm home, downloaded and installed. now it appears that the Apple servers are overloaded and dead... My phone (as well as many others it appears!) is dead awaiting connection to the Iphone part of itunes store.

I now have no phone until they sort their servers.

Not impressed...

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                  Don't expect it to be jailbroken afterwards.

Comment

OK any ideas whats up with mine.

Upgraded to iTunes 7.7 but when I check for iPhone updates it keeps sayiny version 1.1.4 is the latest version and my phone is up-to-date

Comment

Working...
                    X