• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I were Prime Minister....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were Prime Minister....

Ok, if you had to list your top 5 things you would change, what would they be?

Mine:-

1. Benefit system overhaul.
    2. Immigration.
    3. Political correctness.
    4. Taxes and public sector spending ( wasting).
    5. Bring back the cane in Schools.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    Ok, if you had to list your top 5 things you would change, what would they be?

Mine:-

1. Benefit system overhaul.
    2. Immigration.
    3. Political correctness.
    4. Taxes and public sector spending ( wasting).
    5. Bring back the cane in Schools.
    That's pretty much Conservative policy. Save yourself the effort and just vote sensibly next time.

Comment

2 years national service for anyone 16 or over not in full time education.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

1. Abolish Parliament (won't get items 2-5 done without them interfering)
        2. Repeal the European Human Rights laws and totally overhaul all the legal junk NL have brought in (plus any others as applicable)
        3. Simplify tax system
        4. Overhaul benefits system
        5. Turn Scotland into a penal colony

Comment

Death penalty for anyone capable; who has claimed benefits for over 2 years coz they can't find a job.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Futurewife's school has just brought in a new policy:

Any backchat/rudeness to a teacher results in an instant exclusion for the rest of the day and the next day.

I think this should be adopted in every school.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

That's against their human rights. They'll sue...
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Can't she just throw a board eraser at them or kick the back of their chair like the good old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                  Can't she just throw a board eraser at them or kick the back of their chair like the good old days.
                  tennis ball - she's a PE teacher.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'd deport all the useless parts of society to the Isle of Wight.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X