• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remember to drink water, human

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember to drink water, human

Why, every bloody summer, do I have to listen to a lumbering train driver over the tannoy reminding us that 'you should carry a bottle of water with you on the train in summer, because you might get dehydrated'.

What a ridiculous nanny state we live in, if people can't work out that they need to drink water to live we are probably better off without them. What next, 'remember to breathe in and out again to maintain respiration'.

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    Why, every bloody summer, do I have to listen to a lumbering train driver over the tannoy reminding us that 'you should carry a bottle of water with you on the train in summer, because you might get dehydrated'.

What a ridiculous nanny state we live in, if people can't work out that they need to drink water to live we are probably better off without them. What next, 'remember to breathe in and out again to maintain respiration'.
    It's so you can't claim you wern't warned and sue them after the train breaks down and you spend 6 hours in asweatbox waiting for it to be fixed with nothing but a tepid cup of free tea to sustain body and spirit.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      It's so you can't claim you wern't warned and sue them after the train breaks down and you spend 6 hours in asweatbox waiting for it to be fixed with nothing but a tepid cup of free tea to sustain body and spirit.
      I've heard it on the platform tannoy too though.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        It could be worse - you could spend 6 hours needing a pee.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          That's another thing, build some fooking toilets into the underground. I'm sure in the year 2008 we can come up with some kind of underground sanitation system.

Comment

Well that's your warm drink problem sorted out.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              Well that's your warm drink problem sorted out.
              You are Ghandi and I claim my £5.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                That's another thing, build some fooking toilets into the underground. I'm sure in the year 2008 we can come up with some kind of underground sanitation system.
                On the trains? People would probably just stand in them anyway.

Comment

You are Ghandi and I claim my £5.
                  Erm, Rupees?
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

On the trains? People would probably just stand in them anyway.
                    In the station fruit loop.

Comment

Working...
                    X