• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent inviting to join them at GB Beer Festival.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent inviting to join them at GB Beer Festival.

How do you say politely No ?

Politely - I only drink 30 year Malt
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
      Quote them your hourly rate and ask if they are sure that they really need you there?
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Agree, then decline with the most outrageous excuse you can. Remember the more extreme an excuse the more believable.

So say you're about to die or something and the booze will expedite that happening, should work a charm.

HTH.

Comment

Tell him you're a devout Muslim.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Say you don't date work colleagues.

Comment

1) Send them an email expressing thanks for their interest in inviting you.
              2) Send a letter for them to sign stating that they will not be attending with anyone else.
              3) Ask them who else they have invited over the past two years and what other events they may have attended.
              4) Insist on seeing proof of how much cash they will be taking in the interest of money laundering rules.
              5) Ask for a copy of their passport to prove they will be legally allowed to drink once on site.
              6) Insist that they opt-out of the drinking buddy regulations act absolving you from all responsibility for their behaviour.
              7)At the last minute tell them your going with someone else.
              8) Ignore their calls by having your missus tell them you're at lunch.

HTH
              Last edited by Pondlife; 11 July 2008, 12:56. Reason: carp typing

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
                Are they paying?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Are they paying?
                  I have to ask the same question as BP.

I'm not sure I could turn down unlimited free beer (even from a slimy pimp).
                  Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Check to see if they have been drinking Stella/Carlsburg/etc recently. If so then they have no recent experience in drinking real ale and would not be able to ‘hit the ground running’ at a beer festival.

They must have recent commercial experience of drinking too; having a bottle/tin or two at home does not count.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X