• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

retrospective tax changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

retrospective tax changes

does this mean I can retrospectively change my vote?

I wish!

I'd have voted for Maggie again
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

On a point of order, and whilst I categorically don't agree with the VED increases, this isn't any more "retrospective" than when any other government has increased VED.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        On a point of order, and whilst I categorically don't agree with the VED increases, this isn't any more "retrospective" than when any other government has increased VED.

I am sure that you would never disagree with taxes being raised and then raised again. Personally, I would rather HMG start using the taxes they already get in a far more efficient manner. Currently ALL income tax goes to support welfare and benefits of approximately 160 Billion pounds!!

Just stopping all benefits and making people reapply in person would save Billions as entitlement is checked thoroughly and mass fraud weeded out. They did that in Germany (HERTZ IV in 2005) whilst cutting the amount paid and I would love to see it happen here!! New Lie OUT !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          Just stopping all benefits and making people reapply in person would save Billions as entitlement is checked thoroughly and mass fraud weeded out.
          Most of the savings would come from people dying while they wait for members of the DWP staff to get around to actually doing the work. They are not able to do the work they already have and you want to give them more?
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Most of the savings would come from people dying while they wait for members of the DWP staff to get around to actually doing the work. They are not able to do the work they already have and you want to give them more?

....but at least we would find out how many 'dead' claimants there are.

Comment

The number of benefit claimants is a red-herring. What we need to do is cut the number of government 'workers'.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                The number of benefit claimants is a red-herring. What we need to do is cut the number of government 'workers'.

What about cutting BOTH !!!!

Comment

Went into the local Health Authority the other day and found out my GP still had my parents on his books, they`ve only been dead ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    When they started taxing cars based on the amount of CO2 the pumped out, didn't they do it on all cars made after a certain date? The important point was that the date was in the future - so the buyer could make the decision at the point of purchase. I don't buy new cars, so without a crystal ball, how was I expected to know which cars NL would deem suitible for use to drive.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X