• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benched!

Last day at Clientco today..

They very nicely took a collection and gave me a bottle of 12 year old Glenlivet.. Going to be a good evening!!
    The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Originally posted by KevinS View Post

They very nicely took a collection and gave me a bottle of 12 year old Glenlivet.. Going to be a good evening!!
    Pah, I only got a card
    But I did go back to same Clientco a couple of weeks later - still there

Comment

it's nice when you get stuff at the end of a contract. doesn't always happen. i got a presentation box, bottle of plonk and brushed steel opener and stopper last time around. plus a damn fine night out. mind you, best of all was the round-robin call of thanks at the end: damn near choked up i was. what's the best leaving present / do you've ever had?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        it's nice when you get stuff at the end of a contract. doesn't always happen. i got a presentation box, bottle of plonk and brushed steel opener and stopper last time around. plus a damn fine night out. mind you, best of all was the round-robin call of thanks at the end: damn near choked up i was. what's the best leaving present / do you've ever had?
        Last ever contract I took the dept out for a lunchtime Chinese and paid for it. Got a card. They did call me up a month later and offer me a permie position which I declined.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by KevinS View Post

Good for you. The first couple of leaving dos is nice but after a couple of contracts, I prefered to slip away on to the next one with the minimum of fuss. It makes it easier to return.

Comment

Working...
          X