• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian support centres

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian support centres

I am so fuming at my ISP. I have been having such a cr*p service from them of late and I am sick to death of calling their Bombay call centre for tech support.

I started with a 1MB line 4 weeks ago and the speed actually went down to 60kbps. They still have not resolved the issue even after upgrading to 2MB. I have a BT engineer coming to me on monday.

They have said that I may only be able to get a good speed by going to 8MB but this will take 2 weeks and I will have to put up with the speed until then!!!

I am fuming!!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!

I am thinking of chaning to a UK based outfit!!

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    I am thinking of chaning to a UK based outfit!!
    Good luck finding one, they're all tulipe.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Don't even think of using Virgin Media then.

They are a shambles. They will put you on their XL package (20Mb speed) and you will actually get a bit of string back to their data centre.

If you call support, they will put you through a premium rate number to India.

Comment

Be* are in Eastern Europe – half way back. They have their dodgy moments now and again, but far better than stinking pile of excrement I was with before: C&W.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I'm looking at switching to Nildram at the moment. I know Pipex bought them out but they still have UK call centres at the moment and people that have half a clue.

Comment

I don't have problems with Demon/Thus, apart from their cranky payment system. Each month I get a threatening final demand to pay the £40 monthly subscription for that month!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The best ISP in the country is Zen, expensive but they speak English!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                Be* are in Eastern Europe – half way back. They have their dodgy moments now and again, but far better than stinking pile of excrement I was with before: C&W.
                I'm also with Be*. Despite getting the runaround when my modem was rebooting regularly, their support personnel seem to be competent and knowledgeable.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Good luck with BT. Interesting fact about BT engineers - they are only allowed to do the work booked by the call centre - so be extremely vague when you ask them to come round, something like fix broadband should be vague enough.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    I'm also with Be*. Despite getting the runaround when my modem was rebooting regularly, their support personnel seem to be competent and knowledgeable.
                    You too? Never did figure that one out.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X