• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knife crime.. tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife crime.. tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime

Young people who carry knives will be made to visit hospitals where stabbing victims are treated, in a bid to shock them into changing their behaviour.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said seeing "gruesome" injuries would be a tougher deterrent than sending all knife carriers in England and Wales to jail.
    Yup .. that'll do it all right
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Yup .. that'll do it all right
    Is there an echo in this cave?

Comment

you mean Divers comment?

Comment

you mean Divers comment?
        Rant
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

m'thought it was worthy of its own little thread

Comment

That might have worked for people like drunk drivers, who might not usually appreciate the effects of their actions. But causing nasty injuries is the whole point of sticking a knife into somebody isn't it?

Comment

You've got a point...

Anyway, I don't know about you civilians, but I find the migration to knives as weapon of choice amongst the younger generation to be rather disturbing.

Let me explain, to kill someone with a firearm is pretty much distancing yourself from the event, you point and click.

To kill someone with a knife you have to be up close and personal. That takes balls.

Comment

Several if you really think about it

It hasn't crossed those knobheads minds that the kids are going to see the grisly aftermath of a knife attack; and walk out thinking:
                "fek me, didja see the state of them guys! I'm going to carry a bigger knife or a gun; in case some geezer tries to do me"
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

It's mainly for practical reasons. A knife can easily be got from your mum's kitchen and will fit in the pocket of your ridiculously low-slung trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    It's mainly for practical reasons. A knife can easily be got from your mum's kitchen and will fit in the pocket of your ridiculously low-slung trousers.
                    I think you are missing the point.

It takes a completely different mindset, it's sod all to do with practicality.

Practicality is making sure you don't put yourself in harms way, certainly not getting close enough for the opposition to reach you.

Comment

Working...
                    X