• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy Nosh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy Nosh

I was out ‘n’ about on Saturday and it was getting late so we were looking for somewhere to eat. One place we looked at was a Mexican-Polish restaurant. We didn’t risk it in the end and went for a pint instead.

So, the question to the congregation is this: what dodgy food combinations have you come across?
    Maybe this is one for the civilised London members; we don’t want examples like deep-fried Mars bars, or chips ‘n’ gravy /mushy peas that those chavy northerners stuff their gobs with.

I think I might go back and try the Mexican-Polish place out. The idea has stuck in my mind. Mmmmmm, beetroot quesadillas.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

I thought this thread was going to be sooooooo different

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

In Queensway in the 1990s there was a dodgy Mongolian restaurant that was suddenly dead trendy.

You took a plate, piled it with raw meat from the buffet, gave it to the chef who griddled it, then he put the cooked meat back on to your plate WHICH STILL HAD THE BLOOD ON IT FROM BEFORE and you added salad and went and eat it.

A bunch of us went from work. I was a pain in the arse and insisted on swapping my plate for a clean one.

What I didn't think of was the salad.

I got the screaming tulips just the same as everyone else.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Also in Queensway in the 1990s there was a take-away that was open all night.

They did seriously dodgy curries.

I had one about 3 a.m. which was really nasty and gamey and it had a mammal's thigh bone in it. And it wasn't rabbit.

So I reckon I've eaten a cat curry.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          So I reckon I've eaten a cat curry.
          rat ?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Maybe this is one for the civilised London members; we don’t want examples like deep-fried Mars bars, or chips ‘n’ gravy /mushy peas that those chavy northerners stuff their gobs with.
            Saturday night a few years ago pre marriage. Phoned the local take away for a pizza and a portion of onion rings for pick up in 10/15 mins. Once we'd got past the usual language barrier, I grabbed my coat and walked down.

Got to the take away shop, asked if my food was ready.
            Pizza box is placed on the counter
            "Wheres the onion rings I order"
            At this point the the pizza box was opened

15 minutes later I finally got a pizza without onion rings on top and a bag containing a seperate portion of onion rings
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

On Saturday night we went out to a newish French restaurant close to where we live - it's been open around 4 months and we'd not been there before. Anyway, we had our food but it was all very bland, we called the waitress over (she was French) and said to her; "We're not very happy - we couldn't taste the food - there was no seasoning, and most of all no garlic". "I am sorry" she replies, "but we leave all ze seasoning and garlic out because you Ingleesh do not like it....."
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Fortune Green
                If you've been to Peru, you'll know what this is.

(Warning: NOT for the squeamish!)
                Tastes fine though. They're now breeding MASSIVE (+25lbs) ones in the Andes to feed a whole family.

Chickens feet on the otherhand, absolutely vile

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Tastes fine though. They're now breeding MASSIVE (+25lbs) ones in the Andes to feed a whole family.

Chickens feet on the otherhand, absolutely vile
                  While in Cambodge - not to be confused with Cambridge, I had the dubious pleasure(?) of eating chicken feet soup. Not nice, definitely not nice. Btw, you chaps who like fish sauce, do you know how it's made....?

I have eaten dog in korea and snake in china, worms in blighty and numerous bits of mammal captured during various trips to Belize.

What I do draw the line at are insects. Why, I don't know, FFS, what's a lobster or a crayfish?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

What I do draw the line at are insects. Why, I don't know, FFS, what's a lobster or a crayfish?
                    Crustacean.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X