• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Information Commissioner: don't sell Voters' Roll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information Commissioner: don't sell Voters' Roll

The Direct Marketing Association isn't happy, as a spokesman explained: "Removing access to the edited register for data cleaning purposes will make it harder for marketers to target accurately and effectively."

If there is compulsion for you to provide your details then that information should not be released without expressed consent...ditto DVLA

I did write to our local council numpty and stated that any implied permission to sell my details on is withdrawn - bonus junk mail volume dropped off
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

There's a checkbox to keep your details off the edited list.
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I just loved the brazen nerve of the spammers complaining that not having access to the data will make it harder to spam.

smyert spamionam!

Comment

Working...
        X