• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why don't you own an electric bike?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you own an electric bike?

With running costs around 0.05 pence / kilometre (or 2p upwards including deprecation) and door to door times approaching or probably shorter than a car in city centres, and with less hassles with stuff like parking/traffic and getting right to the door at the other end, why do you not own an electric bike?
    They are too expensive for what they are
    2.70%
    Roads are too dangerous for bikes
    17.57%
    I've forgotten how to ride a bike
    0.00%
    A car adds inches to my ego while a bike shrivells it to nothing
    2.70%
    Not thought about it
    8.11%
    The model I want doesn't exist yet
    4.05%
    I like in-car luxuries such as not being soaked by rain and squashed by juggernauts
    27.03%
    My travel patterns don't correspond to a bike solution
    20.27%
    Too inconvenient / it would crease my shiny suit
    8.11%
    I want to ride AndyW's chopper
    9.46%

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    With running costs around 0.05 pence / kilometre (or 2p upwards including deprecation) and door to door times approaching or probably shorter than a car in city centres, and with less hassles with stuff like parking/traffic and getting right to the door at the other end, why do you not own an electric bike?
    I hate cyclists.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      I hate cyclists.
      That's because they have bigger willies than you and are fitter than you.

excellent andyw option BTW, TW.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I you want to be a vigilante, Charles Bronson style, get yourself a big Chopper and mow the fookers down. Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          WHS.

They're a PITA for motorists & pedestrians.

And how that clown got away with a £2k fine for killing that girl is beyond me.
          More motorists kill pedestrians than cyclists though?

Comment

Why not just get a regular bike? The only fuel you need is to eat some food, and the humble bicycle is one of the most efficient machines around. Unless you live somewhere with a lot of hills, it's not even hard work.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Cyclists are royal PITA's.. other day i saw one walking, or cycling, rather, her Dog, on the road!!!

99% don't follow the law, and this will only change when they start RFID taggin the bikes so they can also get fines thru the post.

Comment

Why not use an electric wheelchair?

They are cheap 2nd hand on ebay, and you get to do your Lou and Andy impressions on the daily commute?

Comment

Can they tow a 2.5 tonne braked trailer?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Why not just get a regular bike? The only fuel you need is to eat some food, and the humble bicycle is one of the most efficient machines around. Unless you live somewhere with a lot of hills, it's not even hard work.
                    I'm not sure that leg power is more energy or cost efficient than using mains electric at 11 pence / kWh (a pedal assisted electric bike only consumes 100-200Watts or so). Cycling a little faster makes things a little safer and reducing the impact of hills/headwinds/sweating are probably the main conveniences.

Comment

Working...
                    X