• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Search engine submission

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search engine submission

Some recommendations please.

Best company to use for search engine submission, to get companies ranked high in google, yahoo etc.

Best approach to have the same companies listed high in German & French Google/yahoo etc, so searchable by German & Franch terms?

Thanks

Forget Google and Yahoo. AtW's search engine is the only one worth being listed with.

Comment

Eh?

Pay someone to submit to search engines?

They are either free to submit (Google, Yahoo), or they are meta search engines which means they will spider other search engines and pages to include your site.

e.g.

http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

Now getting a high ranking, that's a different matter.

Google has a sandbox that will mean your site may not get a good ranking for several months no matter what you do http://www.softwaremarketingresource.com/article55.html

They changed the rules in March 04 evidently.

To get a good ranking.

1. LOTS of inbound links from relevant sites that themselves have a good page rank.

2. Spider friendly pages stuffed with chosen keywords in anchor, alt and Heading tags.

3. Content that changes.

All that you can do yourself.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        They [Google] changed the rules in March 04 evidently.

To get a good ranking.

1. LOTS of inbound links from relevant sites that themselves have a good page rank.

2. Spider friendly pages stuffed with chosen keywords in anchor, alt and Heading tags.

3. Content that changes.
        But I've heard they mark you down if you overdo it and start repeating keywords and including too many.

Incidently, I wonder why page changes should promote its ranking (apart from trying to weed out abandoned pages that have been left unchanged for years).
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Pay

Fool dont pay!

It's all about links to your site. Post stuff on message boards (and watch Google start indexing its own Google Groups ), beg and plead people to post links, and without being a spam artist - spam.

It takes a while but the coverage will build up.

Comment

Does he look bovvered?

Comment

It's not for me, but a client. It's money well spent to have a company do these things for them - there are too many other things to be getting on with.

So, any recommendations for companies?

Comment

I'll do it forra fiver.....

Comment

sounds like a good deal

and for a fiver you'll guarantee what? Will you provide proof of where you've submitted the site & keywords? Provide regular updates? etc etc?

Anyone got any better ideas than DP?

Comment

I would suggest that you take this thread to technical where a little less piss taking takes place.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X