• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The price of bread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The price of bread

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...climbs-21.html

Nearly nine out of 10 Britons are taking steps to try to offset the rising cost of living, a survey showed today.

Around 86% of people said they had made changes to save money, according to high street bank Abbey.

A further 12% of people said they planned to take on an extra job to raise additional funds, and 30% plan to sell some of their possessions.

Others are taking more drastic action, with planning to be volunteers for medical research, while 3% are considering selling their car due to rising fuel prices and the same proportion plan to pawn some of their belongings.

The drastic measures are being taken as families are paying 21% more for staple food items compared with the same time last year.

Although prices have not increased since last month, consumers are facing steep price rises in the cost of many staple food items due to rising global commodity prices.

Research carried out by website mySupermarket.com found that a typical basket of 24 staple items, such as bread, milk and eggs, now costs around 21% more than it did in July last year.

Stay tuned for next weeks thread, "The price of fish".

I bought 2 loaves of Bread this morning. Haven't a clue how much it was
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Scallops.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        I bought 2 loaves of Bread this morning. Haven't a clue how much it was
        It is a crazy, rock n roll life you lead, Big D.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Recipe (feeds 5000)

(1) Take five loaves
          (2) Add two fishes
          (3) Pray

Note: there may be up to 12 baskets of left-overs.

(Recipe submitted by Mr. J of Nazareth)

Comment

hmmm Bread, Olive Oil and vinegar

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
              hmmm Bread, Olive Oil and vinegar
              Balsamic ? Can't be beat.

Comment

Now I feel bad - I threw loads of bread away at the weekend....for kicks really! Didn't even give it t the birds

I'm going to rich woman's hell aren't I? :-(

Still...I did manage to spend £400 on shots for all my poor hens
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  Now I feel bad - I threw loads of bread away at the weekend....for kicks really! Didn't even give it t the birds

Why the heck did you pay all that to shoot them SA? Wouldn't it have been cheaper just to wring their necks?

(IGMC)
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

That's a lot of sambuca ! Were the hens invited to your piss up at the weekend also

Comment

Working...
                    X