• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant: End of year accounts.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant: End of year accounts.

I'm waiting for my accountant to prepare the end of year accounts for my ltd company and have been waitin 6 weeks so far.

The reason I want the year end accounts asap is because I'm moving to a new accountant due to their lousy web-based accounting system, plus their total lack of communication and extremely poor and expensive service!

When I asked them how long it would take they said three months from company year end. I think they do this on purpose to make it difficult to move.

I think 4 weeks is more reasonable. What do you think?

PS: If they don't get their finger out soon, I will name and shame them on here.
    Last edited by up4it; 14 July 2008, 17:08.

I had mine 3 weeks after my year end!
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
      I had mine 3 weeks after my year end!
      yeah mine was about the same. Three months seems an extraordinary amount of time

Comment

All accountants and solicitors are total crap. I have sent details to one of mine over three months before due date and got fined cos it wasn't in on time and he was the best I ever had!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I agree that 1 months does seem a reasonable time for them to complete the accounts.

The accountants are:-
          JSA
          and I have been with them for quite a few years using Umbrella, Managed Service and latterly using my own Ltd company.

Previously, I have always found their service fine. But the last year has been a nightmare as follows:-

You have to use their unreliable, over-complcated online accounting system where u have to enter all the info. ie. You do all the work!

They hardly ever answer the phone or emails. If they do answer emails it will 1 -2 weeks later! This is a problem if you want to draw dividends, have tax questions, etc..

They charge too much and offer a poo(r) service.
          Last edited by up4it; 15 July 2008, 13:09.

Comment

I will keep you informed of any progress or lack of progress as thecase may be!

Comment

Update: I sent an email this morning chasing up the year-end accounts and have received a fairly quick response with some figures for me to confirm in order for them to finalise the accounts! Yippee!

PS: They did also point out that I had not repiad myself some earlier expenses! :-)

Comment

I use JSA as a brolly, and find them good. You do have to chase the odd invoice but when they have made a mistake they are very quick about rectifying it. No idea what they are like as a Ltd.

Is CUK becoming the "jog my accountants elbow with some bad publicity" channel?
                Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

BigYin: Ditto! I always found JSA were fine when I used them as a brolly (and MSC) too.

If it works then use it!
                  Last edited by up4it; 15 July 2008, 13:27.

Comment

I decided it was less stressful to teach myself accountancy and taxation than to deal with accountants. I'm glad I did cos I quite enjoy it now!

QB.

Comment

Working...
                    X