• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommended Contract/Leasing Car Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Contract/Leasing Car Company

Hi folks,
    I am looking into contract hiring a car, can any of you recommend a good contract hire company?

Also I'd like to get your views on contract hire or any other tax efficient way of having a car to mainly use for going to work in daily.

Cheers,
    Baronne

Originally posted by baronne View Post
    Hi folks,
    I am looking into contract hiring a car, can any of you recommend a good contract hire company?

Also I'd like to get your views on contract hire or any other tax efficient way of having a car to mainly use for going to work in daily.

Cheers,
    Baronne
    1. Buy cheap car
    2. Claim 40p/mile
    Can't get more tax efficient than that....
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

It's 40p per mile for the first 10000 miles and then it drops down doesn't it?

Cheap... you see this is the problem. I bought a cheap car less than a year ago and it's pissing oil and is really pile of junk. So cheap ain't always cheerful.
      You could buy a banger for like £1000 - but how long will it last?? Then you up the level a bit and buy, say, a £4000-5000 car... but who has 5K lying around, so you'd need a loan, at which point, the costs involved start to even out with leasing. Only with a lease car you get a brand new jamjar.

And... you must be able to claim mileage surely with the lease car still? Or do you put the expense of the car ie. the montly lease amount through the company instead? Or better still, both?

baronne.

Comment

... but who has 5K lying around...
        I'm guessing you're new to contracting then?

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
          Tensai found 15k in his back pocket he'd forgotten about, and another 12k down the back of the setee
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Hi folks,

Cheers,
            Baronne
            Try here: http://www.lingscars.com/. Terrible site but good prices and the owner was on Dragon's Den. You may also find this useful: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/pcp/pcpsearchstep1.asp

Speak to your accountant about the tax treatment but of course it depends on whether you or YourCo are leasing the car.
            I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
              Try here: http://www.lingscars.com/. Terrible site but good prices and the owner was on Dragon's Den. You may also find this useful: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/pcp/pcpsearchstep1.asp

Speak to your accountant about the tax treatment but of course it depends on whether you or YourCo are leasing the car.
              WHS - My pal used Ling and was v happy with the service.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                WHS - My pal used Ling and was v happy with the service.
                She is also Viz comic's official sponsor, much kudos to her.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                  Tensai found 15k in his back pocket he'd forgotten about, and another 12k down the back of the setee
                  Indeed, the first paid my annual fuel bill for the motor, and the latter paid for my insurance. No-claims bonus...? What's that then?

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
                    nope.

Comment

Working...
                    X