• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More doom at Barclays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More doom at Barclays

Think I might move to Bangalore...
    ǝןqqıʍ

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Looks like Radbroke is staying, though. The land that site sits on has to be worth millions, even with the housing recession.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
      Looks like Radbroke is staying, though. The land that site sits on has to be worth millions, even with the housing recession.
      Yeah, don't forget the bit that glows in the dark!
      (NNC, I love you).

Comment

[QUOTE=
        Barclays added that it will create "centrally-managed technologies [B]centres of excellence[/B]" [sic] in Europe, Africa and Asia. Offshore locations understood to have already been pinpointed by the company include Hungary, India and Singapore.
        QUOTE]

Comment

I hope they get rid of more IT staff, cos my ex works there and if she was made redundant, it would just make my whole fookin year!!!!!

Bitter, me? Noooooooooo
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
            I hope they get rid of more IT staff, cos my ex works there and if she was made redundant, it would just make my whole fookin year!!!!!
            Bitter, me? Noooooooooo
            Hehe, I did 3 years there in the early 00's and it's a huge site, full of monkeys, I mean telephone helpdesk operators.
            Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

To be fair, as they expand in Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia it could be said that they are onshoring the jobs.

They are still recruiting higher end contractors as Project / Programme Managers and have just brought a load of work back in-house from one of our favourite consultancies.

Also, they are currently on the acquisition trail so lots of potential for integration work.

Apologies if this post isn't up to my usual standards of cynicism.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

All the iffing arsehole northern Barclays contractors are joining projects where I work... arseholes ... northerners... what more can I say!!

Comment

oh wow, I can say arseholes ... and northern.... so northern arseholes

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                    oh wow, I can say arseholes ... and northern.... so northern arseholes
                    Oi, steady on love! I'm northern and an ex-radbroke contractor(twice)!

Comment

Working...
                    X