• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motorpoint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorpoint

Anyone else used Motorpoint? I want to trade my car for something a little more economical but I’m not sure how it’s going to work?

Most people will be ‘chopping in’ a banger and paying a sizable difference for a nearly new car but mine has a similar glasses guide value to the car I want to buy, I can’t see me turning up in my 05’ car a driving away in an 07’ model and not paying much for the privilege??

I know they’ll give me bottom book for mine but it still looks a bit of a bargain.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Bottom book, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

no really, hahahahahahahaha

Bottom book (CAP) on my last car was 11k, Motorpoint offered me 8k against a 27k Disco. (Cap is just a guide, blah blah, no market for 3.7L petrol 4x4s etc etc)

Comment

don't drink and drive.

or drink and post for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Anyone else used Motorpoint? I want to trade my car for something a little more economical but I’m not sure how it’s going to work?

Most people will be ‘chopping in’ a banger and paying a sizable difference for a nearly new car but mine has a similar glasses guide value to the car I want to buy, I can’t see me turning up in my 05’ car a driving away in an 07’ model and not paying much for the privilege??

I know they’ll give me bottom book for mine but it still looks a bit of a bargain.
        Sell privately and do a deal for cash on your next car.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Motorpoint have a lot of imported and non uk spec cars, you can usually get a car broker to get close to the prices and you won't have a car that could be difficult to sell on. As the other guy said these places give you bottom book. Due to the credit crunch main dealers have some big discounts on pre reg'd cars with del miles
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
          X