• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More stuff we're all paying for...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More stuff we're all paying for...

5% of all tax credits are in error or fraudulent. And that's just the target they want to get to by 2011!

Here
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Don't be silly. Adminsitering the complex tax-credits scheme provides lots of people with a living. Simplifying it by raising the tax threshold would pointlessly shed jobs.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      5% of all tax credits are in error or fraudulent. And that's just the target they want to get to by 2011!

Here
      Hmm... needlessly large (14KB) gif here: http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...baby_promo.jpg

Nah... just nitpicking...

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        Hmm... needlessly large (14KB) gif here:
        Nah... just nitpicking...
        What have I started!

I think GB should introduce a GIF tax. 10p per K on homepage graphics.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
          What have I started!

I think GB should introduce a GIF tax. 10p per K on homepage graphics.
          You'd owe him £1.02 per post then.
          I'd have to fork out 31p per post.

Meaning: £762.96 and £1080.97 respectively!

Comment

Yeh I'm going to change that. Animated graphics lose their novelty after a few seconds. I need a decent picture of Tony Harrison.

Comment

I'd have to fork out 31p per post.

Meaning: £762.96 and £1080.97 respectively!
              Am I a gif tax evader or avoider since I browse the forum with avatars off?

Or will you pay tax at source?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Am I a gif tax evader or avoider since I browse the forum with avatars off?

Or will you pay tax at source?
                Hmm... tricky one, as it's possible for you to be paying up to £2.93 per post, and yet you haven't chosen to have an avatar - but you could. HMRC could well hold you liable for the potential value of all your posts at a total of £2411.39 and you'd have to prove you don't use avatars to avoid paying...

Comment

Hmm... tricky one, as it's possible for you to be paying up to £2.93 per post, and yet you haven't chosen to have an avatar - but you could. HMRC could well hold you liable for the potential value of all your posts at a total of £2411.39 and you'd have to prove you don't use avatars to avoid paying...
                  There are companies who will take your avatar, and keep it securely in an offshore holding facility. These have been untested in court, though.

Comment

sas and zeity will have to watch out, as they would owe £19,306.35 and £32,194.02 respectively.

Comment

Working...
                    X