• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going south...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going south...

Ok it's time for plan 'B' - almost, climates not great here at the moment for my experience (good looking, witty, charismatic) - is Implementation/infrastructure (MCSE/Prince) , Tech rates have plummeted and recent PM roles have not been much better, so after two months on the bench I fancy a change - I might as well be out of work in the south of France as here - I already have a place just outside Nice, but I am struggling to get any proper leads, turns out the french aren't big on adopting english as language, which I am finding pretty inconsiderate right now. Now aside from retraining and learning French can anyone offer any practical help/experience in finding 'reasonable' contract work for an english only speaker in the Cote d azure?
    Last edited by rz6bm7; 15 July 2008, 13:22. Reason: ok there are no naked women but I'm guessing it'll get an ibetter response.

Originally posted by rz6bm7 View Post
    Ok it's time for plan 'B' - almost, climates not great here at the moment for my experience (good looking, witty, charismatic) - is Implementation/infrastructure (MCSE/Prince) , Tech rates have plummeted and recent PM roles have not been much better, so after two months on the bench I fancy a change - I might as well be out of work in the south of France as here - I already have a place just outside Nice, but I am struggling to get any proper leads, turns out the french aren't big on adopting english as language, which I am finding pretty inconsiderate right now. Now aside from retraining and learning French can anyone offer any practical help/experience in finding 'reasonable' contract work for an english only speaker in the Cote d azure?
    Timeshare sales.
    Bored.

Comment

I'm seeing double...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ing-south.html

I didn't drink that much at lunch...did I?
      Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Learn French?

Comment

Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
          I'm seeing double...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ing-south.html

I didn't drink that much at lunch...did I?

Posted in the wrong place-learning french is not an immediate answer...

Comment

If you don't speak French i'd say you've got no chance...absolutly none. My Mums retired of there and they aren't that UK friendly.

if you want to commute to Switzerland you'll be ok, they don't seem to mind foreigners speaking to them in a different language in their own country over there.

An option could be PC repair for the EX pats...there allways getting ripped off by the locals so an English speaking face is allways welcome, there's loads of ex-pat bulliten boards, try hanting a few of those...

Comment

Working...
            X