• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Naked women, Money, France

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naked women, Money, France

It's not true but I thought it might get a better response than the orginal thread, I'm guessing this grabs the attention of yer 'average contractor'

Ok it's time for plan 'B' - almost, climates not great here at the moment for my experience (good looking, witty, charismatic) - is Implementation/infrastructure (MCSE/Prince) , Tech rates have plummeted and recent PM roles have not been much better, so after two months on the bench I fancy a change - I might as well be out of work in the south of France as here - I already have a place just outside Nice, but I am struggling to get any proper leads, turns out the french aren't big on adopting english as language, which I am finding pretty inconsiderate right now. Now aside from retraining and learning French can anyone offer any practical help/experience in finding 'reasonable' contract work for an english only speaker in the Cote d azure?

Originally posted by rz6bm7 View Post
    Now aside from retraining and learning French can anyone offer any practical help/experience in finding 'reasonable' contract work for an english only speaker in the Cote d azure?
    Come on, French isn't that hard, and you get a far better reception failing at their language than you ever will shouting English at them.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
      Come on, French isn't that hard, and you get a far better reception failing at their language than you ever will shouting English at them.
      You can't tell me that speaking slow and loud with hand gestures is not practical the french love Mime artists..
      Learning French is ineviatable, though needing to work before I am fluent is more of a problem..

Comment

Naked women
        I am in favour of this. Are there more of these available in France?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I am in favour of this. Are there more of these available in France?
          There are when I'm around

Comment

There are when I'm around
            Do you drive an A3 by any chance?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
              But it’s not as fun as pretending that you don’t know the language and making them speak in English in meetings and to understand what they are saying in their own lingo when they think you don’t speek any French.

Not that I’ve ever done such a thing.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I'm just imagining what a French nudist beach looks like. Lot's of bushes

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I'm just imagining what a French nudist beach looks like. Lot's of bushes
                  A Personal waxing service, I see a career change coming on..

Comment

A Personal waxing service, I see a career change coming on..
                    I wonder whether you could ever get bored of that job?

Comment

Working...
                    X