• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on your experiences

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on your experiences

Hi at all.

I am hoping to draw on your views and experiences. If again this similar type of post has been put up before , I apologise...I guess everybody believes their circumstances are different...or their unique...

My interview is on Friday so apart from jobbie type stuff do I mention IR35 issues? The cases is I am permanent and if I contracted inside the IR35 I am actually making no financial benefit... Can I ask for a contract outside IR35 and are they frowned upon?

In the instance he is agreed outside IR35, umbrella or own business?

Again, please excuse my ignorance and condemn it with a good answer...

Thank You.

My best advice would be...

Post in the correct forum.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
      My best advice would be...

Post in the correct forum.

HTH.
      Language - English would be a start!

"The cases is I am permanent" - w t f does that mean?

Comment

Yes, tell them how you intend to work as soon as feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampelios View Post
          Hi at all.

I am hoping to draw on your views and experiences. If again this similar type of post has been put up before , I apologise...I guess everybody believes their circumstances are different...or their unique...

My interview is on Friday so apart from jobbie type stuff do I mention IR35 issues? The cases is I am permanent and if I contracted inside the IR35 I am actually making no financial benefit... Can I ask for a contract outside IR35 and are they frowned upon?

Thank You.
          In this forum you will get flamed for asking questions like that full stop.

In the more serious forums you will get flamed for not having done the basic research.

With my "Accounting/Legal" head on, I would suggest that you need to look up what IR35 actually is to be able to make a decision.

Whatever your conclusions are, I would strongly suggest not mentioning IR35 in the interview.

hth

Comment

please excuse my ignorance and condemn it with a good answer...

excuse ignorance - no way.

condemn - you'll get condemned alright, but not with a 'good' answer.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

If you mention anything in the interview that might heap work or worry or concern onto the client then you are mad. Don't for one second assume that they know anything at all about contracting.

The only way you might get away with it is if you are so much in demand they will bend over for you.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                The only way you might get away with it is if you are so much in demand they will bend over for you.
                I need more gigs like this

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  If you mention anything in the interview that might heap work or worry or concern onto the client then you are mad. Don't for one second assume that they know anything at all about contracting.

Absolutely. They want a contractor for a worry-free fix for their problems. Never let them think that you might be bringing along some new problems.

Comment

Hi at all.

Thank You.
                    As other posters have said, you do have some research to do, and posting a general question on here (in any forum) is not regarded as doing the research. Read the FAQs and the sticky postings at the top of Accounting/Legal: that's why they are sticky.

On the specific question about IR35: the client doesn't want to know. They want you to be there to fix their problems, not use them to fix yours.

If it is not worth it inside IR35, then your rate is not high enough. But if you want to proceed anyway, you could say that you have 2 hurdles to jump before you get the contract as you want it:
                    1. get offered it
                    2. get it outside IR35.
                    Jump #1 first, then try #2. If you fail at it, you didn't get the contract as you want it, all appearances from the success of #1 to the contrary. Walk away.

That is if you genuinely don't want it if it is in IR35. If you still want it but not as much, then take it. But it's still the right order: the client, and especially the agent, will be much more likely to consider your concerns once they have decided they want you. The client has now found a solution and doesn't want to lose it; the agent smells money, likewise.

Comment

Working...
                    X