• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ha - the old guy opposite me!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha - the old guy opposite me!

I am parking my Alfa outside my OWN house. The old guy opposite just been beating down my door getting very animated complaining that this is blocking him from leaving his house for hospital appointments. I think that the Italian loon with all of his cars and vans in the street is getting to him as they are living next door to each other.

There is something about seeing an old guy going ballistic - I was worried that he was going to die on the spot!

I did move it up another 4 foot, but, even that has not appeased him. He can swing his car out to the left, or the right, and, insists on swinging only one way when he can swing both ways.

Maybe a bit of swinging may be just what he needs!

Not you again!
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
      Not you again!
      A fine good evening to you as well sir

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        I am parking my Alfa outside my OWN house. The old guy opposite just been beating down my door getting very animated complaining that this is blocking him from leaving his house for hospital appointments. I think that the Italian loon with all of his cars and vans in the street is getting to him as they are living next door to each other.

There is something about seeing an old guy going ballistic - I was worried that he was going to die on the spot!

I did move it up another 4 foot, but, even that has not appeased him. He can swing his car out to the left, or the right, and, insists on swinging only one way when he can swing both ways.

Maybe a bit of swinging may be just what he needs!
        Maybe you should have peed on his shoes?

Comment

Wilmslow, any time I ask for details about all this you ignore the question. I have therefore concluded you are a Walter Mitty character, if indeed you exist at all. What happened to that other car you claimed to have bought specifically to annoy your neighbours?

Comment

Hang on, if you moved, does that mean he was being blocked ?
            I just cant picture this

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Wilmslow, any time I ask for details about all this you ignore the question. I have therefore concluded you are a Walter Mitty character, if indeed you exist at all. What happened to that other car you claimed to have bought specifically to annoy your neighbours?
              Don't spoil it! I like to think Wilmslow is real! It gives me someone to feelk superior to...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I just cant picture this

I wish you luck - he never answers any questions I ask about his arrant nonsense postings.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  I wish you luck - he never answers any questions I ask about his arrant nonsense postings.
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I just cant picture this

No, he was not blocked at all. I have a van parked on the road opposite my house, giving me the same access. He can reverse out to the left with complete ease, and, also swing out to the right, although a little more tight. He just wants the entire road around his house to be 100% clear which ain't going to happen as his neighbour has 3 cars and vans and only one parking space!

Me - I either have a van outside my house, or my Alfa. I know what I would rather look at. The old guy is not twigging that if I am not there, somebody else will be, and dealing with it very badly.

Comment

Working...
                    X