• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Board reshuffle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board reshuffle

As a veteran of 2002 or 2003-abouts, I've noticed a bit of shifting on these forums in the past year or so.

General is full of the pointless banter that used to be in Light Relief.

Business and Contracts now gets the general contracting stuff that used to be in General.

Accounting and Legal is getting the financial stuff that used to go in Business and Contracts - which at least means it's readable and isn't full of questions about obscure European tax laws that nobody ever answered.

I dread to think what Light Relief must be like.

...or is it just me?

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    As a veteran of 2002 or 2003-abouts, I've noticed a bit of shifting on these forums in the past year or so.

General is full of the pointless banter that used to be in Light Relief.

Business and Contracts now gets the general contracting stuff that used to be in General.

Accounting and Legal is getting the financial stuff that used to go in Business and Contracts - which at least means it's readable and isn't full of questions about obscure European tax laws that nobody ever answered.

I dread to think what Light Relief must be like.

...or is it just me?
    Just the declining netiquette standards, old man.

Comment

Thunder, do you think its the sudden influx of women contractors that done it??

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
        Thunder, do you think its the sudden influx of women contractors that done it??
        Or the suddden influx of illiteracy in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
          Or the suddden influx of illiteracy in your case.

Are you new to this board?? If so FYI I am a foreigner... naaaah speak Anglaise.... so there!!

Comment

Are you new to this board?? If so FYI I am a foreigner... naaaah speak Anglaise.... so there!!
            Do I look new?

Comment

Still full of the same characters with their heads stuffed firmly up their own ar$es though ...
              If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

You are newer than me, I have been on the board same period as Thunder is talking about i.e. 2002/2003

If you didn't know I am a foreigner then you must be quite new... I usually go on and on about

Comment

You are newer than me, I have been on the board same period as Thunder is talking about i.e. 2002/2003

If you didn't know I am a foreigner then you must be quite new... I usually go on and on about
                  Well, give yourself a pat on the back. I like to think posts are about quality, not the quantity of time you've been peddling your inane dribble about on these boards... HTH.

Comment

I've been here for a year now, and you've never mentioned it before
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X