• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

fat fireman sacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fat fireman sacked

Looking at the pic, he does seem rather portly. Now they may strike. It makes me believe even less in the value of unions...

fat person here

Older and ...well, just older!!

"He hasn't done anything wrong, he just turns up for his work. He just doesn't fit the bill, that is what it comes down to."

He looks friggin huge!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      Looking at the pic, he does seem rather portly. Now they may strike. It makes me believe even less in the value of unions...

fat person here

The guy didn't get to be this unfit overnight, surely he could have been helped in some way before it became this confrontational ?
      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

All this arty farty poncy la de da bloody human rights and what not.

Why should the fire service have to accommodate an employee that isn't fit for purpose, as contractors we all know if you can't do the job, you don't GET the job (or at least not for long).

If you're a fire fighter you should be able to do your job.

[Edit: Chantho beat me to it] The only argument here is that the fire service were lax in letting it get to this stage. Maybe a quick " 'ere Dave you look like you could do with cutting down on the pies, too many marshmellows on the picket lines eh?" a year or so earlier would have helped!
        B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
          The guy didn't get to be this unfit overnight, surely he could have been helped in some way before it became this confrontational ?
          Bit unfair, he could be moved to different duties. Perhaps a human trampoline for when they need to jump out of burning buildings.
          Bored.

Comment

He could hold the bottom of the ladder...
            B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
              He could hold the bottom of the ladder...

Comment

They did buy him a diet book, which he said was very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  They did buy him a diet book, which he said was very nice.
                  with gravy?

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
                    Grampian Fire and Rescue Service said it had been forced to act after a "very long and arduous process of support and consideration".
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X