• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You couldn’t make this up.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You couldn’t make this up.

Paddy goes to the local GP.

Paddy: I need to see a doctor, it’s urgent.
    Receptionist: You can’t just walk in. Besides there are no appoints left for today.
    Paddy: Strange, when I was here last the doctor said if it’s urgent come in to the surgery rather than going to A&E.
    Receptionist: You have to telephone for an appointment.
    Paddy: Can’t I make one now.
    Receptionist: No, because you have to speak with the nurse first.
    Paddy: Ok I will sit over there and phone.

I sat down and phoned the receptionist, she could even see me sitting opposite. She made a booking with the nurse.

After 20 minutes waiting at the doctors the nurse phoned. (I could see her in the room behind the reception) I explained the situation and she replied “You better see a doctor urgently, is it ok in 15 minutes time.”

Paddy then sees the doctor…. Hummm jobs-worth…
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Paddy goes to the local GP.

Paddy: I need to see a doctor, it’s urgent.
    Receptionist: You can’t just walk in. Besides there are no appoints left for today.
    Paddy: Strange, when I was here last the doctor said if it’s urgent come in to the surgery rather than going to A&E.
    Receptionist: You have to telephone for an appointment.
    Paddy: Can’t I make one now.
    Receptionist: No, because you have to speak with the nurse first.
    Paddy: Ok I will sit over there and phone.

I sat down and phoned the receptionist, she could even see me sitting opposite. She made a booking with the nurse.

After 20 minutes waiting at the doctors the nurse phoned. (I could see her in the room behind the reception) I explained the situation and she replied “You better see a doctor urgently, is it ok in 15 minutes time.”

Paddy then sees the doctor…. Hummm jobs-worth…
    The problem with the free-to-see-the doctor system, is that people can turn up with the most trivial or even non-existent complaints with no penalty to them for time-wasting. And they do just that in their droves.

As a contractor you should be seeing the private doctor - appointment straight away with no arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      As a contractor you should be seeing the private doctor - appointment straight away with no arguments.
      "Nurse, I'm dying! I must see the doctor!"

"I'm sorry, she's with somebody much richer than you at the moment. Shall I swipe your card now? It avoids unpleasantness with your executors if the ingrowing toenail case takes longer than expected."

Comment

Working...
      X