• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speechless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speechless

Pupils are being rewarded for writing obscenities in their GCSE English examinations even when it has nothing to do with the question.

One pupil who wrote “f*** off” was given marks for accurate spelling and conveying a meaning successfully.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle4237491.ece

F**k off.

Seriousley.

Gets you into university.
    Bored.

Didn't we cover this weeks ago?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Didn't we cover this weeks ago?
      Dunno, but I think there was some critisicing of the French recently, seems they have a lot more common sense than the Brits though:

"A Muslim member of the French Government has attacked the head-to-toe Islamic dress as a prison, applauding a court decision to deny citizenship to a Moroccan woman who wore it.

“The burka is a prison, a strait-jacket,” Fadela Amara, the Minister for Urban Affairs and a longstanding women's rights campaigner, said yesterday. “It is not religious. It is the insignia of a totalitarian political project for sexual inequality.”

The court decision denying Faiza Mabchour, 32, French citizenship has drawn approval from both Left and Right, highlighting a rejection of Muslim customs that conflict with the values of the secular French republic. "

I start my French language course in 6 weeks.
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        Dunno, but I think there was some critisicing of the French recently, seems they have a lot more common sense than the Brits though:

"A Muslim member of the French Government has attacked the head-to-toe Islamic dress as a prison, applauding a court decision to deny citizenship to a Moroccan woman who wore it.

“The burka is a prison, a strait-jacket,” Fadela Amara, the Minister for Urban Affairs and a longstanding women's rights campaigner, said yesterday. “It is not religious. It is the insignia of a totalitarian political project for sexual inequality.”

The court decision denying Faiza Mabchour, 32, French citizenship has drawn approval from both Left and Right, highlighting a rejection of Muslim customs that conflict with the values of the secular French republic. "

I start my French language course in 6 weeks.

I'm sat just in front of you
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

If I was to leave the UK, (rural) France would be my No.1 destination.

Comment

I would rather be Muslim than French!

<puts on tin hat and hides under table.>
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              I would rather be Muslim than French!

Same thing in a lot of cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                I'm sat just in front of you
                Bonjour, ou est le Gare?
                Je'm appelle Ace00.
                Merd! C'est la Flic!
                Allez, leggit!

Some more ethnic news:

"Viewers praised reality shows like the X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing and The Apprentice, in which ethnic minorities were defined by their talents rather than their skin colour.

However, they criticised shows such as Hollyoaks, Who Wants To Be a Millionaire, Friends and the Vicar of Dibley for consistently not having enough ethnic minority characters"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-Phillips.html

I like that one, can imagine some token ethnics turning up in Vicar of Dibley Maybe a rasta or virulently homophobic clergyman?

Further on the article Lenny Henry sticks his oar in. This is the man who made his career by lampooning black culture, speech and only got away with it 'cause he is black innit.
                Bored.

Comment

They're not being rewarded; in some instances they're getting a few marks according to the marking scheme. They still fail the exam though. I'm amazed with that attitude they turned up to the exam at all.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    ...not having enough ethnic minority characters...
                    Is "not having enough" not having in proportion to the levels of minority in the general population, or simply not having the token black, red, yellow, green or indigo, light pink homo/bisexual hermaphrodite?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X