• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At last the BBC telling some truth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last the BBC telling some truth

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7505574.stm

A network of criminality in one of the UK's largest illegal immigrant communities has been exposed by an undercover BBC News investigation.

Widespread unlawful job practices, squalid housing, and a thriving trade in fake documents were uncovered.

More than 40 houses packed with illegal immigrants were identified in one square mile of Southall, west London.

The young, mostly male Punjabis are not here lawfully and, although most know the risks, they have few legal rights.

One clear fact remains: the scale. In just one square mile, hundreds of illegal immigrants, scores of multiple-occupancy houses, and people dealing in fake identities, employment and fraud. A criminal network that is out of sight.

Watch New Labour do absolutely nothing about it. Infact, it's encouraged.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7505574.stm

Watch New Labour do absolutely nothing about it. Infact, it's encouraged.
    Well! it saves the government money; not having to supply them with the documents themselves

It's called outsourcing
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

There are plenty of criminal networks - only some involving immigrants. I bet the proportion is roughly the same as the ratio between immigrant population/overall population. Though as no official figures exist it is all speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        There are plenty of criminal networks - only some involving immigrants. I bet the proportion is roughly the same as the ratio between immigrant population/overall population. Though as no official figures exist it is all speculation.

I bet that you are totally wrong in your estimates, bearing in mind that seven out of ten in our prisons are foreigners and that 50% of crime in London is committed by 20% of the population(non-whites).
        This government lost control of immigration, and thus crime, as soon as it came to power in 1997. Unfortunately, I think the immigation side of it was actually planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          I bet that you are totally wrong in your estimates, bearing in mind that seven out of ten in our prisons are foreigners and that 50% of crime in London is committed by 20% of the population(non-whites).
          This government lost control of immigration, and thus crime, as soon as it came to power in 1997. Unfortunately, I think the immigation side of it was actually planned.
          But the government say that we will be worse off without them

Comment

50% of crime in London is committed by 20% of the population

WTF are you on about? Are you saying that 1 in 5 people in london are active criminals and that half of all crime is committed by nobody?
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

I can't wait to see how long it takes the forgers (immigrant or not) to produce perfect ID Cards once they're introduced. That will be the instant proof needed to show how totally pointless they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                WTF are you on about? Are you saying that 1 in 5 people in london are active criminals and that half of all crime is committed by nobody?
                He's included tax fiddling contractors

Comment

Why did you bring colour into this? I do wish you hadn't...

By foreigners do you mean immigrants? I thought that most immigrants who committed crime were deported?

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                    50% of crime comes from a pool of 20%.
                    The other 50% from a pool of 80%.
                    Members of 1st pool are 4 times more likely (I think) to commit a crime than members of 2nd pool.

I don't believe it myself, I'd say 80% from a pool of 10% would be closer.
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X