• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now Legal to kill & Maim Burglars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Legal to kill & Maim Burglars

Linky

Now we all need one of these

Edit >Not that I'm advocating violence against these poor misunderstood people mind<
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Linky

Now we all need one of these
    "However, attacking a fleeing criminal with a weapon is not permitted nor is lying in wait to ambush them."

That is a great pity. And I think that Tony Martin should be knighted.

Comment

This is nothing new, it is NL playing to the popular vote again. You have always been able to defend yourself and harm attackers, even kill them if in fear for your life. The only thing they have done is to remove the need to stand up in court and explain why you were in fear of your life. This means that muggers and other criminals will now just kill you and when the police arrest them they will say they were defending themselves against you.

Tony Martin is as much a murderer as any other. He set a trap. He secured all but one window in his property and sat in wait for a burglar to find it. He could have secured his entire property. He could have set the trap to cage the burglar. He set out to kill.
      Had he not set the trap I would support him.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        This is nothing new, it is NL playing to the popular vote again. You have always been able to defend yourself and harm attackers, even kill them if in fear for your life. The only thing they have done is to remove the need to stand up in court and explain why you were in fear of your life. This means that muggers and other criminals will now just kill you and when the police arrest them they will say they were defending themselves against you.

Tony Martin is as much a murderer as any other. He set a trap. He secured all but one window in his property and sat in wait for a burglar to find it. He could have secured his entire property. He could have set the trap to cage the burglar. He set out to kill.
        The only crime Tony Martin committed is telling the police the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Hear! Hear!
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Had his place not been broken into a number of times though? He had probably had enough.

Any one who comes into my place unannounced is fair game in my opinion.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              ******* too right..
              Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                Had his place not been broken into a number of times though? He had probably had enough.

Any one who comes into my place unannounced is fair game in my opinion.
                WHS. I have a family to protect and I can only assume that any intruder intends to kill them.

Comment

He did the right thing and should be a national hero - the people he caught were thieving scum and deserved to die...

Nothing wrong with trapping them.
                  Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
                  "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
                  Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

AFAIK he heard the burglars downstairs - came down with his gun. Then shot one - in the back as he fled.

Even accepting your version of events - this is a man who felt abandoned by the police and that he was targeted by burglars.

I don't think law abiding people should live in fear - anyone that helps to stop that should be knighted.

Comment

Working...
                    X