• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Watchout some banks in the UK not protected

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watchout some banks in the UK not protected

Savers with deposits in 12 foreign banks operating in the UK may not have the full £35,000 protection provided under Britain's deposit guarantee scheme, it emerged yesterday.

The 12 banks are: Bank of Ireland, Anglo Irish Bank and Merrill Lynch International from Ireland, TD Waterhouse, ING Direct, Triodos and AkBank from the Netherlands, Bank of Cyprus and Marfin Popular Bank Public from Cyprus, Landsbanki Islands from Iceland, Fortis from Belgium, and Bank J Safra from Gibraltar.

linky
    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Isn't this old news? I thought this was the Passport compensation scheme outside the FSCS.

Comment

If I remember correctly then last time it was debated any shortfall in the relevant countries own compensation scheme ( ie. if it is less than 35K ) will be made up by the UK scheme.

Comment

Working...
        X