• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For sasguru

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sasguru

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai.../15/ym5000.xml

I put most of those ideas into practice years ago. Which is why I'm rolling in it now. It's time to spend, spend, spend on all those luvverly cheap assets.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Did sasguru write this?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I put most of those ideas into practice years ago. Which is why I'm rolling in it now. It's time to spend, spend, spend on all those luvverly cheap assets.
        They might be cheap - but will they get cheaper?

What particular asset(s) do you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Did sasguru write this?
          Won't be laughing when Labour invent a new Windfall Tax on people selling BTL homes for profit
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

They might be cheap - but will they get cheaper?

What particular asset(s) do you recommend?

They will indeed. And I don't expect to get the bottom exactly right, whether it be shares or property. However roughly right will do, and I expect we won't hit bottom for a couple of years yet - all that debt will have to be unwound causing loads of shocks to the financial system. It's a prefect economic storm.
            My favourite investment had got to be property - worked last time.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
              Won't be laughing when Labour invent a new Windfall Tax on people selling BTL homes for profit
              Labour will be long gone by the time the upswing starts.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sas already does 6, 7, & 9
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  They will indeed. And I don't expect to get the bottom exactly right, whether it be shares or property. However roughly right will do, and I expect we won't hit bottom for a couple of years yet - all that debt will have to be unwound causing loads of shocks to the financial system. It's a prefect economic storm.
                  My favourite investment had got to be property - worked last time.
                  Doesn't alot depend on oil prices? Well energy prices in general? Nationwide are lowering some interest rates - so its not all doom?

Comment

Doesn't alot depend on oil prices? Well energy prices in general? Nationwide are lowering some interest rates - so its not all doom?
                    Oil prices are just one side of the doom.
                    The main problem as I see it is debt caused by poor lending practices. Currently we are seeing a credit crunch caused by poor lending on mortgages in the US. This debt was sold on to the world banks who have suffered as a result and withdrawn credit. This has led to a destruction in the housing market and hence confidence. This in turn will lead to a contraction in spending, which will lead to companies going bust/and or poor results, which will lead to rising employment. That will lead to the fallout from people defaulting on their massive credit card debt and a second round of pain in the financial industry. (Credit card debt is sold on just like mortgage debt). All the while the housing market will be falling like a stone. The whole pack of cards is collapsing.
                    Oil prices and hence higher costs for everything are just accelerating the process.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X