• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having Beers in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having Beers in London

I'm just of to remortgage the northern hovel to pay for a few beers in London tonight. Good job I've brought my hammer to break off some of the gold paving they have down there.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I'm just of to remortgage the northern hovel to pay for a few beers in London tonight. Good job I've brought my hammer to break off some of the gold paving they have down there.
    Just be thankful you'll be able to sample some of the lovely real ales available in & around the capital instead of that creamy tulip you northern boys call bitter.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Just be thankful you'll be able to sample some of the lovely real ales available in & around the capital instead of that creamy tulip you northern boys call bitter.
      Does not compute

Comment

ohhh my fookin head!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

ohhh my fookin head!
          You haven't checked your bank balance yet...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Are you going aswell?!!!!!

So that's EO, Churchy, BGG AND Tony English?

Plus all the regulars?

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Just be thankful you'll be able to sample some of the lovely shandy available in & around the capital instead of that creamy tulip you northern boys call bitter.
              Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

ohhh my fookin head!
                Bloody lightweight!

Comment

Ok, so I'll be the first of the Sambuca ingestees to be up and about then. And Mrs RH has just chirpily asked if we're playing tennis this morning. Now she's making me a very strong coffee and finding the paracetamol. She's intuitive like that, see.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    Ok, so I'll be the first of the Sambuca ingestees to be up and about then. And Mrs RH has just chirpily asked if we're playing tennis this morning. Now she's making me a very strong coffee and finding the paracetamol. She's intuitive like that, see.

I felt a bit grim at 8am, but necked a couple of paracetamols and was fine by 9, and have since scanned a couple of books while reading articles and hilarious comments on Guido Fawkes's blog. God, they hate GB & co even more than some/most of us do, if that's possible

It was a great night, and interesting to meet everyone and have a natter. Many thanks for organizing it RH. The venues were good too, apart from that tiresome git complaining about the 2nd sambuca bottle - You'd think they'd have turned a blind eye after the amount we'd already spent there!

Right, list of things to do:

1. Figure out how to extract photos from my N95

2. Get tatooed on back of hand "Equal Opportunities <> Eternal Optimist !" to avoid possible confusion at next get together.

3. Turn self in to nearest police station for walking off with sambuca glass found in coat pocket this morning
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X