• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fire Alarm...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Alarm...

...just went off at ClientCo. All evicted by rather portly looking fire warden (he couldn't possibly be an actual fireman!).

Spent 30 minutes in the coffee shop around the corner. ClientCo PM bought me a coffee and I'll still be invoicing for the half hour.

So, did I miss anything??
    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Went off at our ClientCo a week back, nobody moved...Tests are Monday, this is Wednesday so I walked over to Fire Panel to take a look at location of alleged fire & beggar me, it wasnt even marked up.

Wandered to another building for coffee...no roll call out front...good job it turned out there was no fire. Only found this out when I came back & sadly the building was still standing! With that, it was time to head off wahey!

Comment

Originally posted by dwm009 View Post
      All evicted by rather portly looking fire warden (he couldn't possibly be an actual fireman!).
      All the fatties here are fire wardens too. Maybe they think they'll be first to hit the ground when they have to jump out of the windows?

Comment

I nipped up the back fire exit while Security were all gathered round a clipboard and got 3 laptops and Chantal-from-facilities's birthday collection.

Comment

...just went off at ClientCo. All evicted by rather portly looking fire warden (he couldn't possibly be an actual fireman!).

Spent 30 minutes in the coffee shop around the corner. ClientCo PM bought me a coffee and I'll still be invoicing for the half hour.

You missed the fact that getting paid to not work puts you inside IR35

/hmrc

Comment

[QUOTE=dwm009;587684
            So, did I miss anything??[/QUOTE]

No

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
              You missed the fact that getting paid to not work puts you inside IR35

/hmrc
              Ummm, yeah....err, PM and I discussed how the evacuation will impact the critical path of the project....cough!
              Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Working...
              X