• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Safe to move to alliance-leicester ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe to move to alliance-leicester ?

I want to move to them because they seem to offer the best rates..... Surely being taken over by Santander should not be worrying ... besides possible operational / organisational woes later when they consolidate with Abbey ...

Originally posted by Likely View Post
    I want to move to them because they seem to offer the best rates..... Surely being taken over by Santander should not be worrying ... besides possible operational / organisational woes later when they consolidate with Abbey ...
    Can't see any risk in moving to them. The takeover is a vote of confidence in them by Santander as I see it.

I could be completely wrong though...

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Can't see any risk in moving to them. The takeover is a vote of confidence in them by Santander as I see it.

I could be completely wrong though...
      Not true , you normally don't sell business that has profitable prospects ... but then Santander should be good enough to grant stability..

Comment

Not true , you normally don't sell business that has profitable prospects ... but then Santander should be good enough to grant stability..
        Surely you buy a business that has profitable prospects though?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Surely you buy a business that has profitable prospects though?
          Profitable in the sense they can sack the backoffice as they already own Abbey.
          I think government guarantees 30k or so now.
          Bradford & Bingley offer a good rate too
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
            Profitable in the sense they can sack the backoffice as they already own Abbey.
            I think government guarantees 30k or so now.
            Bradford & Bingley offer a good rate too
            Bradford & Bingley were in the news recently ... and we know what the news is these days...

Comment

What are you considering moving? Savings or bank account or both?

Comment

I want to move to them because they seem to offer the best rates..... Surely ...
                Bank of Scotland Business offer a better deposit rate (currently 5.25%)
                I think Northern Rock offer a better rate, but the account is postal.

The first 35k (per institution) is protected anyway for individuals and small companies

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                  Bank of Scotland Business offer a better deposit rate (currently 5.25%)
                  I think Northern Rock offer a better rate, but the account is postal.

The first 35k (per institution) is protected anyway for individuals and small companies

HTH
                  Yeah but with BoS , you are being charged for transactions http://www.bankofscotlandbusiness.co...fo/charges.asp

Comment

Maybe not worrying, but companies that take over others in order to acquire their network, or just to eliminate them as competition, often do not feel inclined to keep the victim's products as they are.

Ex 1. Woolwich current and savings accounts both allowed ATM withdrawals, on the same card (choice of account). Taken over by Barclays. Savings accounts now withdrawal in branch only.
                    Ex 2. (not bank, but same principle). Bauknecht made white goods with a neat (IMO) Germanic style. Taken over by Philips. Bauknecht product range now just like Philips.

So..... A&L offer good rates. Taken over by Santander. ... expect A&L products to be available still, but to resemble Santander products. How are their rates?

Comment

Working...
                    X