• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SA Form changed again...??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Form changed again...??

Doing mine last night and am struggling with the old P11d again.
    The expenses on here were wholly/exclusively, etc so there is no tax liability, however... if you enter the details on your Self Assessment there is no way of nullifying the tax liability. It now just adds it into the calculation at the end. The only way to get round this seems to be to leave it off completely.

Anyone else having this problem? Am I missing something???
    Blood in your poo

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Doing mine last night and am struggling with the old P11d again.
    The expenses on here were wholly/exclusively, etc so there is no tax liability, however... if you enter the details on your Self Assessment there is no way of nullifying the tax liability. It now just adds it into the calculation at the end. The only way to get round this seems to be to leave it off completely.

Anyone else having this problem? Am I missing something???
    You need to put the P11D figure twice on the online SA - there are two boxes that cancel each other out - sorry can't remember any more than that at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      You need to put the P11D figure twice on the online SA - there are two boxes that cancel each other out - sorry can't remember any more than that at the moment.
      Couldn't see it - wasn't obvious as the boxes aren't numbered anymore - will have another look.

Edit: Nope - still can't see a box that cancels it out??
      Last edited by Sausage Surprise; 18 July 2008, 09:55.
      Blood in your poo

Comment

The second set of cancelling boxes only appears if you tick one of the options on a previous page. Something on the first employment pages if I recall correctly.
        Last edited by EvilWeevil; 18 July 2008, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
          The only way to get round this seems to be to leave it off completely.
          I always go for this option if I don't owe anything. I do the same with Capital Gains. I'll probaby get lynched one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            I always go for this option if I don't owe anything. I do the same with Capital Gains. I'll probaby get lynched one of these days.
            Which is what I've done..no help on HMRC site anywhere but I know I don't owe anything for this so left it out.
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
            X