• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Budget Deficit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Budget Deficit

The Iron Chancellor's Budget

I'm alright Jack

I am waiting to here the spin on breaking the golden rule.
    I do hope this puts the lie about Golden Clowns masterful handling of the economy to bed. I do hope this gets put over to the masses.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

'The highest budget deficit since records began in 1946.' Wow!!! They really are the most incompetent government, but will keep insisting that they are prudent and better at managing the economy than the Tories.

Will their supporters still blindly continue to believe their LIES !!!!???

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        'The highest budget deficit since records began in 1946.'
        Is that in real terms though?

Comment

Yes.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

'The highest budget deficit since records began in 1946.' Wow!!! They really are the most incompetent government, but will keep insisting that they are prudent and better at managing the economy than the Tories.

I once got a 'windmill' award from mates at university for 'continuing to pump the same hole' when I had a girlfriend for over 6 months. Reminds me of your continual promotion of the Tories as the econmic saviours just waiting to restore prosperity to the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              I once got a 'windmill' award from mates at university for 'continuing to pump the same hole' when I had a girlfriend for over 6 months. Reminds me of your continual promotion of the Tories as the econmic saviours just waiting to restore prosperity to the UK.
              Ok so you have a choice of 3 - the one in power is not going to change things, if anything they are going to make more of a mess. So who can you hope for? I want the Tories in to cut the public spending which has wasted billions.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                So who can you hope for? I want the Tories in to cut the public spending which has wasted billions.
                I hate them all.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

There really is no other hope. At least we have experience of the Tories restoring the economy from at least two recessions after Healy & Callaghan's resort to the IMF in the mid- 70's. Labour have never achieved economic recovery and never will, sadly.

Comment

There really is no other hope. At least we have experience of the Tories restoring the economy from at least two recessions after Healy & Callaghan's resort to the IMF in the mid- 70's. Labour have never achieved economic recovery and never will, sadly.
                    I'm afraid that old Tory story is just not true. Healey and Callaghan inherited an over-inflated mess from Barber, Maudling, and Heath so bad that Maudling personally apologised to Healey for it.

Previously, Wilson and Callaghan had inherited such a disastrous economy from the moribund Tory government that Cabinet memoirs tell us that real tears were shed when the optimistic incoming Labour government found out just how bare the cupboard was.

Or do you mean the Major/Lamont government that presided over 15% interest rates and dropped ignominously out of the ERM?

No, those tales of Tory fiscal responsibility are tall ones.
                    Last edited by expat; 18 July 2008, 12:17.

Comment

Working...
                    X