• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It brings a tear to my eye

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It brings a tear to my eye

Left a contract 6 weeks ago after a few months and they got me a goodbye card. Not expected - I'm only a contractor you know.

Got called back as my replacement went AWOL.

Left again today and the buggers have got me a card with a gift voucher this time! Almost makes me want to go permie

So a big to all of them!

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Left a contract 6 weeks ago after a few months and they got me a goodbye card. Not expected - I'm only a contractor you know.

Left again today and the buggers have got me a card with a gift voucher this time! Almost makes me want to go permie

So a big to all of them!
    Oh my gods - they're not reading this are they?!!!!

You've not let the permies follow you back to our base camp?!!!!!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Oh my gods - they're not reading this are they?!!!!

You've not let the permies follow you back to our base camp?!!!!!
      God no, I keep my little peccadillo’s to myself
      But thanks for the anyway

Comment

So a big to all of them!
        Actually when my 2nd daughter was born my current employers sent round a big f off bunch of flowers, with champagne and baby hamper etc. I'd only been there 6 weeks - kinda freaked me out to be honest. If they were a chick I'd be watching my bunnies ...
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Yeh, it is really galling when people sometimes do things you SNEER at and it makes you feel warm inside. Probably indigestion.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

So a big to all of them!
            You will end up like Wilmslow!

Comment

I worked on a brief contract, getting soure code under control for five weeks prior to my wedding, took me for a drink on Friday. there is me; contractor bloke, got back to desk, champagne glasses everywhere, three bottles on desk, in my desk draws etc... nice touch...Permiedon, no; but a lovely touch anyway ohwell

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                You will end up like Wilmslow!
                Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooh!

But they were a good bunch of guys to work with!

Comment

Working...
                X