• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teenagers!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenagers!!

So just got my daughters school report.

It's the worst I have ever seen - 1 C and the rest D's and E's

When I tried to speak to her about it she gave me the I don't care look.

She has a year left in school but really couldn't care less. She got excited about the fact that her friend just got a job in Mcdonalds earning... wait for it....... yes !! £100 per week. She wants to do that.

So I told her if she gets a job for £100 pw I want £35 pw board and lodge

Face like thunder - Doors slamming - feet thumping..

I blame New Liar
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Originally posted by wc2 View Post

She has a year left in school but really couldn't care less. She got excited about the fact that her friend just got a job in Mcdonalds earning... wait for it....... yes !! £100 per week. She wants to do that.

I blame New Liar
    I blame the parent(s)

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      I blame the parent(s)
      WHS !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        parent(s)
        That's very PC
        Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

I blame New Liar
          And there lies the problem.

Everyone wants someone else to blame today - it's never "your" fault.

Well actually, I'm afraid it is. It is your fault for being such a weak as p*ss parent over the last 15 years and raising a child who knows she can get away with slamming doors and having no respect for you.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Grounded for the entire summer should do the trick, she must have something she is looking forward to which now she can’t. Though you should have set the bar before the exams, carrot and stick and all that.

Failing that:
            "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Put her on the naughty step and ban her from watching Power Rangers for a night. Works for me with my kid.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Actually, you could try letting her have a part-time job in McDonalds. That should spur her on to knuckle down, study and rise above having to do that for the rest of her life.

Plus, you can charge her board as well!
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I blame New Liar

Can't you pay her to run plan E and supervise the Pythons?

Comment

I'd say that was standard and routine teenager behaviour there. If she was being really cheerful and helpful and getting consistently high marks at school and glowing reports, that would be extremely suspicious.

Comment

Working...
                    X