• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hands up! Which one of you went to Greece recently?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hands up! Which one of you went to Greece recently?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...%2BBeach%2BBar

1:03pm UK, Monday July 14, 2008
    Nine British women who took part in an oral sex competition while on holiday on the Greek island of Zakynthos are facing charges of prostitution.

Six British and six Greek men, including two bar owners, were also charged over the incident, which took place at Laganas beach in the south of the island.

The women had been paid to take part in the competition, which was video recorded and was to be posted on the Internet, police said.

The men were charged with encouraging obscene behaviour.

In recent years, Laganas has established itself as one of Greece's most popular destinations for twenty-something holidaymakers and is known for its alcohol-fuelled nightlife.

Tour operators say the resort offers "non-stop partying" and "wild entertainment well into the night".

Around 15m people - a fifth of them British - visit the eastern Mediterranean country each year, drawn by its soaring summer temperatures, clear waters and sandy beaches.

Zakynthos, also known as Zante, is one of the Greek Ionian islands that is most popular with tourists.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko View Post
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...%2BBeach%2BBar

1:03pm UK, Monday July 14, 2008
    Nine British women who took part in an oral sex competition while on holiday on the Greek island of Zakynthos are facing charges of prostitution.

Six British and six Greek men, including two bar owners, were also charged over the incident, which took place at Laganas beach in the south of the island.

The women had been paid to take part in the competition, which was video recorded and was to be posted on the Internet, police said.

The men were charged with encouraging obscene behaviour.

In recent years, Laganas has established itself as one of Greece's most popular destinations for twenty-something holidaymakers and is known for its alcohol-fuelled nightlife.

Tour operators say the resort offers "non-stop partying" and "wild entertainment well into the night".

Around 15m people - a fifth of them British - visit the eastern Mediterranean country each year, drawn by its soaring summer temperatures, clear waters and sandy beaches.

Zakynthos, also known as Zante, is one of the Greek Ionian islands that is most popular with tourists.
    Francko, you really are a class act.

Comment

I haven't but am seriously thinking about it for next year.

Hats off to that Island's marketing department

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Francko, you really are a class act.
        Just wanted to remind to the other eigth girls that how DeCoubertin said: the main goal is not to win but to participate.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
          Just wanted to remind to the other eigth girls that how DeCoubertin said: the main goal is not to win but to participate.
          Ah, so it's not the winning that's important, but the taking part?

Comment

I'd like to point out that I was in fact, in Crete.....
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

OK, I admit it. It was me
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                I hope you floss!

Comment

I hope you were well paid...

Comment

You've been told before