• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help with Eye pod

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Eye pod

Evening All,

me mum's bought an eye pod for me dad who is in hospital at the moment.

Mum wants to put a load of music and books onto it.

When Mum plugs it into the pc, 'the computer says'...

cannot find hardware

it seems the pc does not have the right usb driver for the eye pod and the eye pod did not come with a cd

does anyone into these technologies know where I can download a usb driver for an eye pod so that me mum can connect the thing to the pc and put music onto it ?

also, where does the eye tunes software fit into all this ? downloaded and installed the eye tunes software, but currently ain't got a scooby doo where it fits into the big picture

crikey, for the unfamiliar working with these eye pods is like working with .Net, no doco, not intuitive and impossible to find anything on the internet

thanks,

Milan.

Hey Milan,

ipod - not eye pod. Try changing your Googling to that phrase and see if you get any more useful suggestions:
    http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_...pple_ipod.html

Install iTunes is the suggested method. If she is running XP why not talk her through sending you a remote assistance invite and then you can connect to her PC and control it while she is looking and you can ask her to plug it in / remove the device as required.
    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Hi Ferret,

I knew I could count on help from a fellow Passat owner.

First things first, for us .Netters, if it's not .Net we don't have a clue.

That said, I looked on ask dave and in typical IT Support style he skips straight past the problem I have... dave says...

'The first time you plug your iPod into your PC via the included USB cable, you'll probably see something like this:

What's happened is that the underlying drivers for this class of device have been updated by Microsoft and the changes have been automatically applied - thankfully! - but you need to reboot. Do so, and then the next time you start up, your iPod will not generate any messages of this nature.
      '

you see we don't get past this bit, the computer is not able to find the device hence I think it needs a usb driver installed for an ipod, but I am tuliped if I can find one on the internet and for me this is so typical of the hobbyist software and devices arena where only their hardware is supported and anyone else can get stuffed - having said that, again as I said before this is very much like the .net philosophy ! but I just don't expect this kind of complication when working with a pc and a domestic music player

so, I'll continue me search for a windows usb driver for an ipod

the parallels between working with an ipod and working with .net are bizarre !

Thanks anyway,

Milan.

Comment

MB, dear dear boy. Your iPod should by default connect as a USB storage device.

WTFPB?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Hi Ferret,

I knew I could count on help from a fellow Passat owner.

First things first, for us .Netters, if it's not .Net we don't have a clue.

That said, I looked on ask dave and in typical IT Support style he skips straight past the problem I have... dave says...

'The first time you plug your iPod into your PC via the included USB cable, you'll probably see something like this:

What's happened is that the underlying drivers for this class of device have been updated by Microsoft and the changes have been automatically applied - thankfully! - but you need to reboot. Do so, and then the next time you start up, your iPod will not generate any messages of this nature.
          '

you see we don't get past this bit, the computer is not able to find the device hence I think it needs a usb driver installed for an ipod, but I am tuliped if I can find one on the internet and for me this is so typical of the hobbyist software and devices arena where only their hardware is supported and anyone else can get stuffed - having said that, again as I said before this is very much like the .net philosophy ! but I just don't expect this kind of complication when working with a pc and a domestic music player

so, I'll continue me search for a windows usb driver for an ipod

the parallels between working with an ipod and working with .net are bizarre !

Thanks anyway,

Milan.
          Thats odd - the ipod should just do what it needs to do - I have no idea how it all works but when I initially connected the ipod to the pc it just did all it needed to, although, I think I installed itunes first but don't know if that makes a difference.

Not sure so, I'll continue me search for a windows usb driver for an ipod you need to do that, it should be fine...
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Thats odd - the ipod should just do what it needs to do - I have no idea how it all orks but when I initially connected the ipod to the pc it just did all it needed to, although, I think I installed itunes first but don't know if that makes a difference.

Not sure so, I'll continue me search for a windows usb driver for an ipod you need to do that, it should be fine...
            Code:
            int iDoIGiveAFxxck( iPoster )
            {
            int iUser = AtLeastIGiveADamn;

if( iPoster == MilanBenes)
                {
                    iUser = EFFINCLUELESS;
                }
                return( iUser );
            }

Comment

Cailin knows what she is on about. AtW programmed you well

Install iTunes, then plug it it. Give that a go.

Also yes, do check what version of Windows she is on.
              my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                Cailin knows what she is on about. AtW programmed you well

Install iTunes, then plug it it. Give that a go.

Also yes, do check what version of Windows she is on.
                The computer or his mother?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  The computer or his mother?
                  As far as I know an operating system cannot run on a person. "What operating system is she on" could be taken, by a person with a grip of the English language, as meaning "What is the version of the operating system that is running on the PC that your maternal parent is having technical problems with."

"What operating system is she on" is a simpler way of saying this. Apologies if it caused offence.
                  my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                    As far as I know an operating system cannot run on a person. "What operating system is she on" could be taken, by a person with a grip of the English language, as meaning "What is the version of the operating system that is running on the PC that your maternal parent is having technical problems with."

"What operating system is she on" is a simpler way of saying this. Apologies if it caused offence.
                    Lucy? Is that you?

(Oi, mods, give ferret his brain back!)

Comment

Working...
                    X