• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Base Jumping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base Jumping

With the crash now in full swing, I believe this will become a popular sport in the city.
    Anybody thinking of taking it up?
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Do life insurance pay out for suicides?...seeing that its a sin and all...wonder if you (or at least your family) get the cash... maybe it only counts in canoe accidents?

not that I'm considering of course... all hypothetical

Comment

I believe there is not a single case of anyone committing suicide by "base jumping" during last crash. Is this true?

Comment

I remember about 10 yearss ago a base jumper launched himself off the top of the Hilton in Park Lane. Chute failed, or he didn't pull in time.

He went through the sheet metal canopy over the hotel entrance before impacting the pavement.

Thankfully I didn't see the sad remains, but saw the jagged hole in the canopy.

Not nice. Really.
          Last edited by bogeyman; 22 July 2008, 01:03.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

http://www.kottke.org/08/07/the-most-beautiful-suicide

SFW? I dunno - depends where you work. Not grisly though, more tragic beauty. Look at it at home if you're not sure.

There's no blood or mutilation in the (black & white) image - for those who know the history of American media, it ran in Life magazine in 1947.
            Last edited by NickFitz; 22 July 2008, 03:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Mehmeh View Post

Do life insurance pay out for suicides?...seeing that its a sin and all...wonder if you (or at least your family) get the cash... maybe it only counts in canoe accidents?

not that I'm considering of course... all hypothetical
              After the policy has been in place for a year AIUI

Comment

Surreal that a such desperate loney death can look so calm
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                X