• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cricket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket

Anyone here play? That lot at Headingly obviously can't.

yeah i do, or try i should say, i reckon half the aussies on this site must be queuing/queueing up for a run in our national side... i bet the day rate is crap though..I mean FFS he was just here on holiday wasn't he?

Comment

I was there for all four days. It's come to something when our best 4 batsmen on Monday (i.e. those that put up most resistance) were:-

Stuart Broad
      Jimmy Anderson
      Monty Panesar
      Darren Pattinson

That's right, the damn bowlers....
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

yeah maybe they should just do away with the problamatic decision of the the 5th bowler/extra batsmen and pick 10 bowlers and bring back Jack Russell or a Jack Russell - bound to be better than Ambrose

Comment

Originally posted by LittlestHobbo View Post
          yeah maybe they should just do away with the problamatic decision of the the 5th bowler/extra batsmen and pick 10 bowlers and bring back Jack Russell or a Jack Russell - bound to be better than Ambrose
          Ambrose? didn't he play for west indies? He was awesome.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
            I was there for all four days. It's come to something when our best 4 batsmen on Monday (i.e. those that put up most resistance) were:-

Stuart Broad
            Jimmy Anderson
            Monty Panesar
            Darren Pattinson

That's right, the damn bowlers....
            And the next best 2 weren't born here

Comment

perhaps we should set up a contractors 11 and challenge them to a match...

we'd have to be better than zimbabwe surely..

what would we call ourselves?

Comment

Originally posted by LittlestHobbo View Post
                perhaps we should set up a contractors 11 and challenge them to a match...

we'd have to be better than zimbabwe surely..

what would we call ourselves?
                Have you ever read a book called "Penguins stopped play?" It's about a bunch of really rubbish cricketers..... hilarious
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

yes funnily enough i've read it recently..a good read...alas i think my silky skills are probably up to the standard of the penguin fielding at short leg.

Comment

Working...
                  X