• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poor 9 year old daughter...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor 9 year old daughter...

Why did these loons not just accept Turkey to save stress to their daughter???

I like the reporting aspect suggesting paying £10 is a real problem in the scheme of things!

Also, what was wrong with the taxi to Luton offer??

Madness....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7517577.stm

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Also, what was wrong with the taxi to Luton offer??
    RTFA: "...we paid extra to fly from Cardiff. If we had flown from Luton it would have meant we would have had to have come back into Luton and we don't want to do this."

Sometimes the clues are right under your nose...

Comment

Caught this on the radio on the way to the airport in question.

Tis true that most of the checkin staff are temps for the summer but how did the system allow the girl to print boading cards for a flight they weren't booked on?

The checkin lass has been suspended but IMHO she made a mistake that the system never should have allowed.

He didn't seem the brightest to be honest though.

Comment

Why should they 'accept Turkey'?

They probably had no hotel booked and would have had to 'make do' with whatever they were offered. Regardless, they had paid for a flight to Lanzarote. If I wanted to go to place A and ended up at place B through little fault of my own (sure they could have known where Bodrum was) why should I accept place B?

That would be madness, and 'putting up with it' would have been the epitome of the stiff upper lip make-the-best-of-a-bad-situation attitude thats creates the customer service joke that we see all too often in this country and would also have led to far more stress for the parents who are doubtless more susceptible to it.

Last edited by basshead; 21 July 2008, 18:57. Reason: Uneducated spelling

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
          ... Irregardless, they had paid for a flight to Lanzarote. ...
          Regardless (Unless you are a septic of course).
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Regardless (Unless you are a septic of course).
            Bah

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
              Why should they 'accept Turkey'?

They probably had no hotel booked and would have had to 'make do' with whatever they were offered. Regardless, they had paid for a flight to Lanzarote. If I wanted to go to place A and ended up at place B through little fault of my own (sure they could have known where Bodrum was) why should I accept place B?

That would be madness, and 'putting up with it' would have been the epitome of the stiff upper lip make-the-best-of-a-bad-situation attitude thats creates the customer service joke that we see all too often in this country and would also have led to far more stress for the parents who are doubtless more susceptible to it.

Sometimes life deals you a raw hand of cards and you have to make the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                how did the system allow the girl to print boading cards for a flight they weren't booked on?
                Similar thing happened to a guy sat in my seat once.

The 5pm Glasgow to Manchester flight was tech, so, I got moved to the delayed 4pm flight running very late (gales sweeping the UK on the night).

I rightly had a ticket for my seat.

when I went through the ticket machine at the gate, the machine beeped - it was because someone was already on my seat!

The guy who should have been moved to a much later flight chanced his luck by going ahead of me, and sitting in my seat.

Needless to say as soon as the cabin crew came looking for him he did not put up any fight and scarpered off with tail between his legs, amongst applause!

Therefore, I am guessing that if the flight was not full, and nobody else scanning into those seats, I can see why it happened, assuming the same technology as my experience a couple of years ago.

Kind of scary.

Comment

more to the point,

why the heavens is this on the BBC news?

Travel company makes trivial clerical error and puts 3 people on wrong flight. Reasonably inconvenient for 3 people and of zero interest to the other 6,000,000,000 people in the world.

Some poor sap's TV license paid for that story and to what end?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Sometimes life deals you a raw hand of cards and you have to make the most of it.
                    Agreed. But this is not one of those situations.

Comment

Working...
                    X